"Green roofs like this one is what we were learning about in college today. Beautiful, sustainable, wholesome designs like these are what inspire me to become an architect, not the soulless concrete boxes we’re all so used to now. This is the kind of future I want to design. This is the kind of future I want to live in."
Eye movements made by subjects while examining I. E. Repin’s painting “An Unexpected Visitor”, with different questions in mind.
reehhhbleehhh sick day
embroidery april 2014
quote from Ollie Renee Schminkey
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
A self care list. I’ve been working on this. I promise it’s worth it.
Fenrus, Erasmus and Smokey caught sleeping in a pile! I’m so happy. This is exactly what I’d longed for when the cute photos of rats pile-cuddling on Tumblr became too much and I resolved to get a pile of my own.
The entangled pearl necklaces pictured above are actually droplets of dew on a spider web.
The subtle colors displayed here resulted when sunlight illuminated the web, creating a multitude of rainbow fragments. Note that, in general, the smaller dew drops, residing on the thinnest silk strands, are nearly colorless.
With these smaller drop sizes, wave interference acts to diminish coloration because colors tend to overlap one another.
— For when we run away and live in the woods.
Young couple quit jobs and build this $500 home (click photo for full article)
lil mary love
"How Not To React When Your Son Is Gay"
My heart breaks while watching this video. If you’re reading this and need support, please contact The Trevor Project. They are the leading national organization for crisis & suicide prevention - they are there to talk, 24/7 - confidential and free.
this made me sick to my stomach
every straight person needs to watch this video
fuck this shit. these are the people that deserve to be homeless. not innocent lgbtq youth.
what the fuck is wrong with some people. this so sad and so sickening.
"Looking for love again"
The Polaris Building is located right in the center of Downtown Fairbanks Alaska. Starting as an apartment complex, and then a Hotel, it’s the tallest building in the city.
(First three pictures source and credits http://candychang.com/looking-for-love-again/)
(Last picture source and credit http://ghastlygirl.com/haunted-directory/alaska/northern-lights-hotel-polaris-hotel/)